Matt's Musings

reflections on life in our corner of Central Europe

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prague, Czechia

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Dissertation: OFF TO THE COMMITTEE


Please pardon my SHOUTING just then. As of a few minutes ago, I have sent my dissertation off the my committee.

I actually started sending it off yesterday, by sending it by email to my mother-in-law, Jill, who graciously agreed to print it out and get it to the two professors in Claremont. My third professor is currently on sabbatical in Germany, so I just took a copy to the Post Office to mail it to her there. (The smaller print version I'm sending her still weighed 0.775kg or 1.7lbs.)

At the moment, I don't feel any great release, although it is nice to see the 1 1/2" (4cm) printout I made of it for myself sitting here. I suspect it will take a bit of time before I really relax. I plan to take it easy this weekend. First, however, I'll probably do some cleaning around the flat, because in the final push, I let my part slide. Jenny's also had a lot going on, so between us things got a bit neglected, let's just say.

Of course, this is not over yet. Once my committee members have the dissertation in hand, they may find things for me to revise. Then, hopefully sometime early in February, there will be the oral defense.

I asked my dissertation chair last night about the possibility of doing it via video conference. It would probably save a lot of money over flying to CA, plus I'd feel better not leaving Jenny alone in the middle of winter. She, my chair, was open to the idea and will float it with the other committee members. I just emailed the assistant dean to see if there are any problems with the idea, school policy-wise. You could pray for all that.

1 Comments:

Blogger D said...

Congratulations!! Danielle from Budapest

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home