Matt's Musings

reflections on life in our corner of Central Europe

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prague, Czechia

Saturday, October 22, 2005

My sister's married!


Jenny and I are back in Prague after our brief jaunt to Ohio for my sister's wedding. It was a great week back there. The jetlag mostly cleared up just in time for the wildness to begin. We were staying at my parents' house, so the house got fuller and fuller as the day drew near. My sister and her matron of honor arrived on Wednesday, then things really got rolling.

I should mention that I performed the ceremony. It was a great thing to be able to do that. I did part of my brother's wedding as well, so it was quite an honor to get to be such a part of this big step in both of my sibling's lives. Thanks Mara and Dev!

When the doors opened for Mara to walk down the aisle, I got goosebumps as the full impact of the moment hit me. I had a similar feeling when Robyn started down the aisle to marry Devin. To be that close to them as they made their vows and started this new life together is something I'll never forget. The picture is of me dancing with Mara at the reception. See more pictures at http://www.thomasfamilyweb.net/photogallery/MarasWedding/index.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home