Matt's Musings

reflections on life in our corner of Central Europe

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prague, Czechia

Friday, November 11, 2005

Sunset Comes Sooo Early


Like those of you in the States, Europe has made the switch off of Daylight Savings Time. I love the extra hour of sleep, but I am realizing that I would gladly trade that sleep to have some light back into my afternoons.

This photo was taken at 4:50pm, Friday, November 11, 2005. It was a beautiful sunset, but that is definitely toooooo dark for not even 5pm not even in the middle of November!

I'm sure many wonderfully smart people have great reasons for taking that hour out of my afternoon, but I would like to differ. It'll be dark here in the morning in a few days, anyway, so why not have at least some light later in the day? This is just my opinion. If you wish, we could conduct an obviously-scientific straw poll by you leaving your comments here.

And, yes, I have heard that the US government (or some part thereof) has talked about extending Daylight Savings Time. I applaud this thought and encourage more like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home