Matt's Musings

reflections on life in our corner of Central Europe

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prague, Czechia

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Haircut for the Wedding

This morning I ventured to a local Kadeřnictvi (hair salon/barbershop) for a haircut. My sister, Mara, is getting married a week from Saturday (Oct 15), and I'm performing the ceremony, so I thought it would be a good idea to get my hair cut.

Getting my hair cut here is always a bit of an adventure. I've made up a cheat sheet of Czech words related to hair cuts, because it's not likely that anyone there will speak any English. Today, there was a young woman working there who did, so I was able to tell her that I wanted a haircut and find out that one of the women could do it in about 15 minutes.

The woman who cut my hair was very nice. She did a good job, and I was able to think of enough Czech to tell her that I was getting my hair cut because my sister is getting married next week (that was my big accomplishment of the encounter). She asked me if she was getting married here, but of course she's not. Jenny and I will be going to Ohio for the wedding for about a week. I didn't try to explain that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home