Matt's Musings

reflections on life in our corner of Central Europe

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prague, Czechia

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Bible and the Practice of Prayer Conference

The past three days I attended the conference at the seminary on the Bible and the Practice of Prayer. On Thursday, I presented my paper on "Honest to God Good News: A Look at the Psalms." I had hoped to record my presentation and maybe even post it on the website, but due to technical problems, we weren't able to record it :( Even you can't hear the presentation, you might be able to read it someday soon. The plan is to publish the papers from the conference as a book. (My first European publication.)

On Friday, I actually moderated the conference. The head of the Biblical Studies department asked me to moderate, I think the day before the conference. He said he partly asked me so that folks could get to know me a bit. There really wasn't much to moderating, mostly just something like emcee-ing.

The conference was smaller than I expected: only 15-20 people in total, but it was quite good. It was a good mix of scholars and students from various countries: Germany, Poland, Egypt, Russia, etc. There was a lot of good discussion and many interesting papers. They hope to have a conference like this each year, and we discussed possible topics for the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home