Matt's Musings

reflections on life in our corner of Central Europe

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prague, Czechia

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Updates: Adoption and Dissertation

On the more update-y side of things, the adoption process is coming along slowly. We are waiting for our criminal background checks from the FBI to return. Our friend, Katie, should be picking some paperwork for us from the Foreign Police in Prague in the next week to send in. Then, we’ll have done what we can before we return at the end of August.

Good news on the dissertation front: I met with my advisor on Wednesday for about 3 hours to go over what I had sent her and strategize for getting this thing done. She is very pleased with the 3 chapters I had sent her so far! She likes where I am going and how I’ve outlined it. She suggested some changes to the organization of the first chapter that I think will make it stronger. We also talked out how to approach chapter 5 (on covenants), so it doesn’t get out of hand. At this point, the goal is to submit everything by late fall so that I could come back and defend in late January/early February. That time works well, because all 3 professors will be in town and it should be before our baby arrives. Whew!

I hope all is well with you this hot summer (over 90 degrees before noon today, it has been over 100 for several days). Keep cool in the wind of the Spirit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home