Matt's Musings

reflections on life in our corner of Central Europe

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prague, Czechia

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Soon to be a Dad?

Yesterday we got a registered letter (meaning I had to pick it up from the post office with my passport) from the magistrate of Prague confirming very officially--with a stamp and all--that we have now completed all the requirements for the adoption, have been deemed suitable parental material, and will now go on "the list" for possible babies.

We met with the magistrate back on April 27 (see Jenny's account here) with the result that we could get the call to come meet our new baby as early as June 1. The letter was simply an official confirmation of what we already knew.

This weekend I am going away with Aaron and Matt, both of whom have pregnant wives (Aaron's a veteran, since this will be baby #2). We will be hanging out in an area of the country called Czech Switzerland (I think some of Narnia was filmed there) at a little pension/hostel. All three of us are looking forward to a time of sharing our thoughts/insights/fears/joyful anticipation/etc. about soon being a dad. I hope and pray that it will be a good time for all of us. Hopefully also for our wives. I think Jenny is going with Amy, Matt's wife, tomorrow to see the baby in one of those high-tech 3D ultrasounds. Cool. That's what appeals to a dad: cool technology that has to do with my kid!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Dorrs said...

Jake and I are so excited that when we next visit Czech, there will be little ones running around!

I'll be thinking about you guys and praying for a time of peace and growth as you go away together.

Just remember, Czech beer always helps conversation. And it's just plain good.

Beka

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home