Matt's Musings

reflections on life in our corner of Central Europe

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prague, Czechia

Sunday, April 09, 2006

DisciplesWorld Article on Hosea


I was contacted a couple months ago to write an article for DisciplesWorld magazine, the Disciples of Christ mag. They have a great series, "Browsing the Bible," where they are going through the Bible book by book, one per issue. Each book of the Bible is introduced by the editors, then two different Disciples are asked to write, often one scholar and one pastor. The point is to introduce the book and its relevance to contemporary Christian life.

They asked me to write on the book of Hosea. The timing was a bit crazy, as the deadline for the article was Feb 27th, just one day before my doctoral dissertation defense. I decided to go ahead and write the article anyway, and I'm glad I did. I like that they are doing this series, and it's nice to have something published in the denomination's magazine. More people probably read that than will read many of the articles I will publish in scholarly journals ;-> Look for "Wooing to Heal" in the April 2006 issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home