Matt's Musings

reflections on life in our corner of Central Europe

My Photo
Name:
Location: Prague, Czechia

Friday, September 15, 2006

Anna is Home!

A couple hours ago, we brought Anna home from the orphanage. Let's just say that the past couple days have been quite an experience: we spent them at the orphanage, sleeping with Anna in a little apartment they have for families.

We feel so blessed by God that this has all worked out. Anna has done so well with all the changes of the past couple days: being around us all the time; being taken away from her usual surroundings (even though we were still at the orphanage, we were in another building in this flat instead of her room with 4 other children); and being examined at by two different doctors, a social worker, and two physical therapists (yes, all in the past 3 days). I won't lie and say she hasn't cried (& had a couple fits), but considering all of this, I think she has been amazing.

I'm sorry I have no pictures yet. Since our laptop died, we haven't been able to update our website or download photos from the digital camera. Oh, the other reason is that our digital camera seems to have also died (on the day we went to the orphanage to stay--we have borrowed one for the next few days, thanks Suzannah).

So, here we are. Parents. Finally. There will be plenty of steps still to come, but the most important one has happened: she is with us! Full-time! Thanks be to God for faithfullness beyond measure!

2 Comments:

Blogger Barb the Evil Genius said...

Welcome to parenthood! It's too late to go back now, mwwwhahahahaha! (Spoken as a seasoned and sometimes cynical parent of a ten- and seven-year-old.) ;) Seriously, Anna is blessed to have you two and you her!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Priya, Prior, Pyra said...

Oh you guys this is so great, what blessings, I pray more for you and grace and PATIENCE! Oh and WISDOM! I'm so happy for you that this has come to fruition, all in God's timing, right? Oh gosh, it's so exciting, I just pictured myself in that situation and I'm not sure if I'd be able to sleep, or in the morning I'd wake up like it was christmas morning with that excitement and anticipation. At least the first couple days, then I'd be too tired to wake up like that I think. I love you both and I pray patience, God's wisdom and guiding for you both.
:)

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home